“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new” ~ Socrates
With the dawning of the new year comes a flurry of thoughts and expectations. It inevitably leads us to revisit the events of the previous year, which in turn can draw us further into our pasts, reflecting, questioning, grieving, celebrating, and hopefully processing and moving on.
While living in the present moment is something we all aim to achieve, at this time of year looking forward can also be a helpful exercise, especially if you’re feeling a little “off track”. Instead of creating a mental to do list, tuning in to create intentions that relate to the “why” and “how” of your hopes, dreams and aspirations will enable you to step into 2017 on the right path, with action emanating from a place that you know to be genuine and meaningful.
But creating the physical and mental space for reflection can be incredibly hard. That was the thought that inspired us to create our New Year skiing and yoga retreat, an annual event that uses adventurous activities like skiing to bring participants fully into the present moment, and yoga, meditation and rituals to help participants to process what’s been and set mindful intentions for what is still to come.
So in the spirit of new year thoughtfulness, we’d like to share our new year’s intentions with you.
We promise that in 2017 we will:
- Continue to hold the sustainability of our business as the hallmark of its success, by planting trees to offset ours’ and our guests’ carbon footprints, and by switching to a 100% renewable energy providing such as cooperative Enercoop.
- Support the brands that share our outlook, such as eco-activewear brands RUYI Lifestyle and FROM Clothing, vegan brownie makers 100% Natural, and non-profit Love Specs.
- Celebrate excellence in all that we do, by honing our menus, interiors and events show guests that low-impact luxury is possible.
- Grow more! By building 3 raised annual vegetable beds this spring, adding to our permaculture food forest and starting work on a medicinal garden.
- Think more, by making plans to curate our first luxury learning retreats in 2018.
- Continue to lure you to badass new adventures with offerings such as our Ski Safari package, and plans to launch a high altitude boot camp later this year.
You can hold us to all of the above.
Our New Year skiing and yoga retreat 7-14 January 2017 is a teetotal, vegan, nutritionally balanced, adventure laden pampering experience designed to help you set clear intentions for the year ahead. We have two places remaining for either the 4-night or 7-night retreat, which will be taught in both English and French. If you’re in need of some focus, or simply some help to kick-start your dry January, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if we don’t see you in the mountains, remember to:
“Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this life is all there is.” ~ Mary Ann Radmacher
Alex and Philip Volkers